Links to Programs and Resources
- Band of Brothers
- Community Arts Network
- ESC - Educational Shakespeare Company
- Jean Trounstine
- Judy Dworin Performance Project, Inc.
- London Shakespeare Workout
- Medea Project (Rhodessa Jones)
- People's Palace Projects
- Phoenix Players at Auburn
- Prison Arts Coalition
- Prison Arts Network
- Prison Creative Arts Project
- Prison Performance Network
- Prison Performing Arts
- Prison Performing Arts (Blog)
- QSE's Shakespeare Prison Project
- Rehabilitation Through the Arts
- Shakespeare Behind Bars
- Shakespeare Prison Project
- Shakespeare at San Quentin
- Shakespeare in Prison
- Shakespeare in Shackles
- Storycatchers Theatre
- The Actors' Gang
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
"Brave in a New World"
The Judy Dworin Performance Project will present excerpts of their upcoming premiere of “Brave in a New World” at 5 p.m. Saturday at the La Grua Center in Stonington, CT. A donation of $5 is suggested.
“Brave in a New World” is about the experiences of incarceration and the challenges of coming home from prison. It includes dance, narrative and song. The piece conjures up images of confinement and separation and the strength and courage of children affected by incarceration and the ones who have served their time. The work features women who have re-entered society from York Correctional Institution with the professional ensemble of the Judy Dworin Performance Project and the voices of children who have parents in prison.
La Grua Center is at 32 Water St., Stonington, CT and can be reached at (860) 535-2300.